A 61-year-old female asked:
I have mold in my apartment. i also have a sinus infection which caused vertigo.. i use a dehumidifier.. am i making things worse?
2 doctor answers • 4 doctors weighed in
A Verified Doctoranswered
Allergies: dust, spores, mo;d, mildew, animal dander, pollens, seeds, saps can all cause allergic reactiony. Clean all mildew and mold with a dilute solution of soapy water and bleach; however if extensive, you may need a professional cleaning service. Get an allergy screen from your physician.
3.7k viewsAnswered >2 years ago
Family Medicine 9 years experience
No: need to see a provider to be tested on molds and if positive need to move because it is hard to remain the mold. The dehumidifier works a little by decreases the moisture that allows fungi to grow but doesn't get rid of it Your constant sinus infections are probably due to the molds see a provider for treatment and help in dealing with this problem
3.7k viewsReviewed >2 years ago
Last updated Mar 22, 2020
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.