Gilmer, TX

mild facet hypertrophy,lig flav thickening l3-l4,mild facet hypertrophy l4-l5,moderate facet hypertrophy l5-s1.will joints deteriorate more?outlook?

Dr. Dariush Saghafi
Neurology 33 years experience
Signs of Arthritis: What you relate are signs of arthritis radiographically speaking. I'd've expected this type of picture more from an older person or one who suffered a significant injury to that area of the back or has been doing extensive repetitive bending & similar work for YEARS. If you were to modify what you do with your back you could slow this down. If not, then, unfortunately, YES, it could progress.
Dr. Philip Miller
A Verified Doctor answered
A US doctor answered Learn more
Report: quite technical but not dangerous. I suggest that you DO NOT MIX ibuprofen and Naprosyn (naproxen). There is no sign of damage on the report as you noted it.
Dr. Richard Zimon
How old are u?: These are NORMAL degenerative (wear and tear) changes for a working adult age around 50! Slow worsening will occur (Emphasis in SLOW) Not to worry! Hope this helps Dr Z
Dr. Kathryn Ko
Neurosurgery 34 years experience
Spine MRI?: facets are the "joints" between the vertebra in the spine. Facet changes refer to degenerative bone process that can be a normal part of the aging process. After a certain age we all have them, me included.

Last updated Jan 9, 2020