Gonna have knee surgery. I just lost 30lbs and I always eat right & walk. During the healing process, what can I do to keep the weight off while down?

Dr. Robert Sterling
44 years experience in Emergency Medicine
So,You'veGotKneesles: Strict diet.Protein for healing 1gm/pound/day. Lots of greens and NO processed foods,especially carbs (bread, potatoes) or sugars(ice cream, candy,etc).In other words be miserable and get used to it. In the process you will learn what you like and how to prepare it--then you can have guilt-free junk every now and then. Also, you have an upper body-use it!! Swim if you can. Ask your P.T. for advice
Answered on Sep 29, 2016
1