I went swimming and i have water trapped on my ear. i used swimmers ear drops, peroxide, alcohol and vinegar mixture, yet i have no relief.

3 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Edwin Ishoo answered

Specializes in

Water in outer ear: If you have no perforation in your ear drums, you can use 3-4 drops of 95% isopropyl alcohol into each ear to help evaporate the water. There was no reason to use vinegar or peroxide. If the water doesn't dry up, you need to see an ENT to evacuate the water before irritation or infection sets in..

Answered 6/15/2016

3.8k views

Dr. Devin Cunning answered

Specializes in ENT and Head and Neck Surgery

Cerumen : Cerumen or "wax" in the ear canal can trap water against the tympanic membrane (ear drum). Rubbing alcohol helps dehydrate the ear canal. If this persists an otaryngologist should take a look and remove the wax, skin debris or hair causing these symptoms.

Answered 6/7/2019

3.8k views