U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 43-year-old member asked:

Vinegar and alcohol for human water in ear but with torn eardrum?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. David Kam
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 38 years experience
NO: Do not put any chemical in your ear with a perforated drum. Many chemicals are ototoxic and may lead to permanent hearing lost and/or vertigo. See an ENT doctor.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Nov 12, 2021


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.