Pakistan

i have prostatitis (bacterial). i took levofloxacin for 6 weeks & azithromycin for 2 weeks. can urine culture make sure that infection is cleared?

Dr. Gerald Mandell
Nuclear Medicine 52 years experience
Disappearance of sxs: Typical symptoms of acute bacterial prostatitis include severe pain in and around the base of the penis. There is also pain behind the scrotum.Men may also experience fever, hematuria, urgency and frequency.It may also be difficult to pass more than a small amount of urine. Cure is usually based on disappearance of symptoms.In general, patients should take their antibiotics for three to four weeks