U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 17-year-old female asked:

Hi! i'm 17 years old and is severely underweight. my height is 165cm and weight is 40kg. i've been trying to gain weight but i can't .

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Frances Ilozue
Family Medicine 27 years experience
Underweight: Usually the doctor will check for any medical condition that have caused you to be underweight, you may need blood work. Detailed health/family history, nutritional assessment and physical exam is needed to be able to make the right recommendation.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 9, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.