U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 18-year-old male asked:

Iam a 18 years old male teen with 6ft height and iam 10 to 12 kg underweight what should i do to increase my weight?

1 doctor answer7 doctors weighed in
Dr. Katharine Cox
Pediatric Emergency Medicine 47 years experience
Weight: You are likely still growing. Once your growth has stopped your weight should catch up. Do not skip meals and eat all food groups. Look at the habitus of your parents. You likely take after one of them. Exercise and increase your muscle mass. This should help some. All the best.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Apr 23, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.