Egypt

are oral vibramycin and topical garamycin (gentamicin) suitable for mild cellulitis in upper eyelid dt.mosquito bite????!

Dr. Saptarshi Bandyopadhyay
Hospital-based practice 21 years experience
Define "suitable": Vibramycin (doxycycline) and garamycin (gentamicin) gel are used to treat topical skin / soft tissue infections. Given your age, it may even be overkill but that depends on the extent of the infection and underlying conditions (are you diabetic? any other medical problems?). While these antibiotics wd not b my 1st choice, & while other Abx combinations could b more potent, this combination is not ineffective.