Turkey

Can appendicits last for 11 days? i went to er, all tests positive, and even had an ultrasound image of my appendix. it is shown healthy and normal.

Dr. Gerald Mandell
Nuclear Medicine 52 years experience
Other causes: If ultrasound performed properly and completely normal, usually not acute appendicitis. Other causes of similar symptoms include enteritis or inflammation of bowel, infection of right kidney, gall bladder disease, liver disease etc.
Dr. Tadge Kanjo
General Surgery 23 years experience
Very unlikely: There is debate about the existence of chronic appendicitis which in theory occurs when an acutely inflamed appendix settles down on its own only to flare up again later. Even in that setting, at 11 days the appendix would look very abnormal when images. Very early on an appendix can be inflamed but seem relatively normal however this far out that indicates appendicitis is very unlikely.