Singapore

I have a sore throat n runny nose but no fever or pain. does this clear me of acute retroviral syndrome symptoms (hiv)?

Dr. Alison Freely
Get tested: Hi. The symptoms you described are common with many viruses. Although fever is the most common symptom of acute HIV infection, the presence of a fever is not diagnostic of HIV/acute retroviral infection (and the absence of fever does not rule out HIV). The only way to diagnose HIV is with a blood test. If you think you've been exposed to HIV/AIDS, then see your doctor and get tested.
Dr. Timothy Puri
No.: The only way to know for sure is to get tested.

Last updated Mar 15, 2016