New Hyde Park, NY

How to control my blood pressure i am taking losartan 25 mg and my pressure is still high. i checked about a week ago and pressure was 162/109?

Dr. Oscar Novick
Blood pressure: I assume you are under doctor's care. A couple of simple things like losing weight, exercising, and eating a salt-free diet might help. In addition see your doctor for possible change of medication
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Aurea Tomeski
Hypertension: The dose might not be enough so it has to be adjusted. There is no one blood pressure medication for every person. The best medication is one that controls blood pressure without side effect.if it controls blood pressure but too much side effect it is not for you. If you are able to take it but does not lower your blood pressure,that is not the one for you. See your PCP so he can adjust your med.
Last updated Sep 6, 2019