How to control my blood pressure i am taking losartan 25 mg and my pressure is still high. i checked about a week ago and pressure was 162/109?

4 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Oscar Novick answered

Specializes in Pediatrics

Blood pressure: I assume you are under doctor's care. A couple of simple things like losing weight, exercising, and eating a salt-free diet might help. In addition see your doctor for possible change of medication

Answered 9/6/2019

3.8k views

Dr. Aurea Tomeski answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

Hypertension: The dose might not be enough so it has to be adjusted. There is no one blood pressure medication for every person. The best medication is one that controls blood pressure without side effect.if it controls blood pressure but too much side effect it is not for you. If you are able to take it but does not lower your blood pressure,that is not the one for you. See your PCP so he can adjust your med.

Answered 1/20/2015

3.8k views