hi, i hit my elbow yesterday, and my hand has been numb since, but now the numbness is going up my arm. and every time i move it, it hurts really bad.

Dr. Howard Shapiro
Specializes in Internal Medicine
Local measures first: You hit your ulnar nerve. Pain medicine such as Advil (ibuprofen) will help. Warm compresses may help as well. How long it takes for the pain and numbness to go away depends on how hard you hit it. If the symptoms start to subside within the next couple of days, then just be patient If it gradually gets worse, you will need to call your physician or a physiatrist. Fortunately, that is a less likely scen
Answered on May 27, 2015
1