India

I feel ear pain after swimming, water goes to my ear i think during swimming.what should i do now?

Dr. Michael Pakdaman
General Practice 13 years experience
Pressure changes: Depending on how deep you are swimming, small changes in middle ear pressure can occur. It could also be that water gets stuck in your ear canal. For the pressure issue, you can try chewing gum or holding your nose, closing your mouth and gently blowing. For the water in the hear, you can hold a blowdryer far away from your head on cool/warm setting and let it dry the inside. It could also be wax.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. James Okamoto
Get ear examined!: You may have a perforated eardrum, which would explain why you have pain after swimming. If this is the case, you will need to use water tight earplugs whenever you go swimming to avoid ear infection. Your doctor can look in your ear with an otoscope to determine if there is any infection or perforation of your eardrum/tympanic membrane.
Last updated Dec 27, 2018