U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 18-year-old female asked:

I had excessive bleeding during intercourse, but i can't see my gyno for two weeks. what precautions should i take till then?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Stephen Southard
Internal Medicine 16 years experience
Several things: I would encourage you to take a hand mirror and view the vaginal area looking for any irritated areas or traumatized areas superficially. Also I would encourage you to avoid further penetrating sexual activity as it may very have a deeper traumatized area of the vaginal vault/walls or even cervix that may require some time to heal. If you continue to bleed heavily go to urgent care, don't wait!
Last updated Aug 11, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.