what is meant by a patulous duodium bulb and overlapping bowls in the pelvis. is there something i need to know about since i saw it on my ugi test?

Dr. Perumunda Sharma
Emergency Medicine 48 years experience
Duodenal bulb.: By itself, it means nothing. Ask your physician who ordered the test.
Dr. John Michel
Not to worry: Patulous is only a generous duodenal bulb and is only demonstrating the anatomy. This means it is open or gaping. The overlapping is not bowls but bowels. I am not sure what is being referred to but would suggest this is not a term that sound concerning. Take the report and ask the doctor if anything else needs to be considered.