Tucson, AZ

Don't know if i have yeast or candida yeast infection. taking monistat n probiotics. should i go on candida diet just in case???

Dr. Peter Baumann
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Candida: Candida is a form of yeast - if Monistat is not helping, you may want to see a gynecologist for prescription medication and to do more detailed testing.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Andrea Rodgers
30 years experience
Candida is yeast: Candida albicans is responsible for yeast infections. If you are not sure what is causing your symptoms I suggest seeing your doctor to confirm and rule out any other causes. There have been no real studies on the Candida diet that I am aware of. If you get the diagnosis confirmed there is no harm in trying it. Avoiding lots of sugar, white flour and processed foods is a good idea for us all.
Last updated Sep 29, 2016