Tampa, FL

i have arthritis pain in my hands and i take arthrotec (diclofenac and misoprostol) and was wondering can i use a otc cream on my hands at the same time? if so what kind is good?

Dr. Gregory Krivchenia
Orthopedic Surgery 40 years experience
Trial and error: If Arthotec is not working, there are many analgesic creams available. In my experience, one has to try several brands to see which one works. If your skin is sensitive, any with cayenne pepper may cause more irritation.
Dr. Frank Amico Jr
Yes: I think you should stick to arthrotec (diclofenac and misoprostol). If that's not cutting it, then you seek a step up in your treatment from your physician. I don't think a cream will be that helpful.
Dr. John Kayvanfar
Sports Medicine 46 years experience
Refer to PCP: Auto immune disorders are usually the couse of hand pain, among them is gout, and RA and ... see if you can see a rhumatologist too.

Last updated Aug 13, 2014