if it is said that i got pregnant between march 8 to 10 does this mean i conceived on that date but had sex earlier?

Dr. Richard Valido
Conception: If you are being quoted a conception date between Mar. 8-10th, then yes, that is when you "got" pregnant. However, it is possible that having sex earlier, may have caused this pregnancy. Sperm can live up to 5-7 days at max within the female reproductive tract. So it is possible that even though you "conceived" on 3/8/14, it may have been from intercourse up to a few days earlier.
Dr. Cynthia Archer
I'll do my best: to answer this, but the answer depends on what you know about what happened on those days and with whom. You conceived in that 3 day window. Any unprotected sex with a male partner(s) or insemination occurring otherwise could have fertilized your egg anywhere from 5 days prior to 2 days after ovulation. Whether the sperm were present before or newly introduced the day you ovulated only you know.

Last updated Oct 5, 2015