Panama City, FL

i have a normal temp. neck has been hurting for 2 days. i can touch my chin to my chest. no severe headache or other symptoms. what could this be?

Dr. James Okamoto
Possible neck strain: It all depends on the location of the neck pain, and what things make it worse. Since you have no fever, can touch your chin to chest and no headache, we can rule out meningitis! If it is tender to touch and worse when stretching one direction but not the other it could be a neck strain. If you have had any recent trauma/injury I would see your doctor to evaluate your spine.

Last updated Sep 29, 2016