I'm having a frenectomy next week and i was wondering about my brace as i still have it on my teeth with a powerchain on will they still do it?

7 doctors weighed in across 5 answers
Dr. John Chiu answered

No: Since this involves the tongue, I don't see any problem with the brace.

Answered 6/30/2015

3.8k views

Possible: If you are talking about a labial frenectomy in order to close the diastema or gap in your front teeth and keep it permanent. Yes, the dentist or surgeon can still do the procedure with the braces on and a powerchain. If access is a problem the wire and power chain can be removed during the procedure and then replaced when done.

Answered 11/11/2015

3.8k views

Space control: Braces and chain designed to hold teeth in optimum position during the surgery and as the tissues heal. Yes, the Orthodontic Appliance must stay in place.

Answered 6/30/2015

3.8k views

Dr. John Thaler answered

Specializes in Prosthodontics

Sure: Should not be an issue. Will improve the stability of the final position of the teeth. Good going -- Good luck.

Answered 6/30/2015

3.3k views

Dr. Paul Grin answered

Specializes in Pain Management

Sure: Frenectomy is a very common dental procedure during or after orthodontic treatment. Talk to your dentist and orthodontist and get their advice. Good luck!

Answered 6/30/2015

3.3k views