Rome, NY

hi, what are the chances i have ms? i had a clean mri of brain, with contrast. i have been having some tingly hands, floaters in eyes and dizziness.

Dr. Olav Jaren
Neurology 19 years experience
Tests for MS: No single test helps diagnose of eliminate MS. A normal MRI however is a strong vote against MS as the cause. Floaters in the eyes and dizziness are not very strong signs of MS either. Tingling in the hands has many causes. For example, high blood sugar causes some of these symptoms. Carpal tunnel syndrome may cause symptoms in the hands. I doubt MS is the cause, but you should keep looking.
Dr. Erik Voogd
Pain Management 20 years experience
Very Low: Multiple Sclerosis is an autoimmune disease where your immune system attacks the insulation around myelinated nerves. A characteristic finding on MRI would be 'white matter lesions'. However, in fact MS is more of a clinical diagnosis with the most common presentation being visual changes with observable swelling of the optic nerve. It is most commonly found in women of norther european descent.
Neurology 52 years experience
Not concerning: The tingling hands could represent carpal tunnel syndrome, the eye floater have no relationship to MS, and the dizziness could be due to many issues, such as anemia, thyroid problems, medication reactions, and inner ear issues. MS quite unlikely here.