Boston, MA
A 17-year-old female asked:

My right tragus and ear has been hurting for about a week. muffled hearing and neck pain on right side. what is wrong? ear infection?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Carrie Cannon
A Verified Doctoranswered
Family Medicine 35 years experience
Yes, probably: I'm impressed you know the term tragus. Good for you! Please see your family physician for an exam and antibiotics if necessary, or even an ENT consult if needed. Are you going into the medical field? It is rewarding, although a lot of work.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Apr 17, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.