U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Haynesville, LA
A 29-year-old female asked:

I have sinus infections often. but this morning i woke up to my right ear hurting really bad and the right side of my head into my neck hurts. ?

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Howard Shapiro
Specializes in Internal Medicine - Nephrology & Dialysis
See doctor today: You may have an infection either of the ear canal or of the middle ear. See your physician today. The problem should be readily solvable and the pain won't go away until you get it treated
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Edwin Ishoo
A Verified Doctoranswered
30 years experience
Ear infection: Your chronic sinus infections can seed the adjacent structures such as your middle ear. You should call your doctor to get started on a course of antibiotics until you can can have a physical exam. Given your report of chronic sinusitis, you need eval by an ENT with sinus CT to implement more definitive treatment if in fact you have sinus infection and not facial pain and migraine equivalents
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jul 30, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.