i have sinus infections often. but this morning i woke up to my right ear hurting really bad and the right side of my head into my neck hurts. ?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Howard Shapiro
Specializes in Internal Medicine
See doctor today: You may have an infection either of the ear canal or of the middle ear. See your physician today. The problem should be readily solvable and the pain won't go away until you get it treated
Answered on Jul 31, 2014
Dr. Edwin Ishoo
27 years experience ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
Ear infection: Your chronic sinus infections can seed the adjacent structures such as your middle ear. You should call your doctor to get started on a course of antibiotics until you can can have a physical exam. Given your report of chronic sinusitis, you need eval by an ENT with sinus CT to implement more definitive treatment if in fact you have sinus infection and not facial pain and migraine equivalents
Answered on Jul 30, 2016