United Kingdom

When i take a deep breath my chest breast/bone feels kind of tight and i can't go all the way? sometimes it makes me cough never had asthma

Dr. Joshua Davidson
Allergy and Immunology 19 years experience
Inflammation: It sounds like you may be suffering from something called costochondritis. This is inflammation or swelling at the point where your ribs attach to your sternum or central chest bone. The inflammation is usually caused by a virus, and the pain is worst as the ribs expand during a deep inhalation. Ibuprofen can help. If the cough persists or worsens, see a physician for more help.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Sep 21, 2020