Can indigestion/acid reflux cause chest tightness & feeling like I cant take a deep breath? Peak flow normal not DX w asthma had normal EKG/stethoscop

Dr. Jay Kashkin
37 years experience in Allergy and Immunology
Very much so: I can tell you from both a professional and personal standpoint that acid reflux can be and is responsible for chest tightness, a sensation that a satisfying breath cannot be taken and is a very under diagnosed cause of cough and even sinus disease. It is very commonly mistaken for a heart attack or asthma and can significantly interfere with sleep and voice quality if acid hits vocal cords.
Answered on Aug 11, 2019
3