United Arab Emirates

mri of knee shows "oblique tear posterior horn medial meniscus, lateral patellar plica and minimal synovial knee effusion" will i need surgery? or ?

Dr. M. Hytham Beck
General Surgery 43 years experience
Most likely: most likely yes but it could be a simple surgery done by a scope to repair the tear of course go and see a bone doctor or knee specialist can help you good luck
Dr. James Okamoto
Possibly: It depends on the degree of tear, how much it is effecting your daily activities and whether it responds to conservative treatment. If the plica does not get better with anti inflammatory meds you will most likely need arthroscopic surgery to remove it, although your orthopedic surgeon will be the best MD to determine that.