U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 39-year-old female asked:

I am waiting to see a specialist in regards to endometriosis..i had a partial hysterectomy 14 years ago, i cant take this pain. what more can i do?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Eva Pickler
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Endometriosis pain: With pain from endometriosis, removing the ovaries or shutting them down temporarily with leuprolide injections are the two most common options. A condition called interstitial cystitis is also associated with endometriosis and you should be evaluated for that as well. Often that is an associated cause for the pain
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Aug 5, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.