U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Lemoore, CA
A 18-year-old male asked:

I suffer from common anger flashes every day. i can go from happy to punching holes in the wall over something that doesn't make sense and i'm scared.

2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Keith Leap
Emergency Medicine 29 years experience
Seek counseling: You should try to see a counselor or psychiatrist about these outbursts, so that they can help you get to the root cause, and then learn to deal with it. Whatever the source, the wrong outburst in the wrong way can land you in trouble with the law (and a broken hand), so it's in your best interest to see someone. If you're uninsured, call your local mental health clinic.
Dr. Jeffrey Juchau
Family Medicine 34 years experience
Anger: There are some good treatments for explosive anger. Start out with your regular doctor. Treatment will likely take the form of therapy and possible medications. It will take some effort on your part but, it will be worth it and save you lots of trouble and heartache in the future. Good luck.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated May 21, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.