U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 18-year-old female asked:

How can i control my anger?the only way i can let it out is by punching walls, my knuckle has swollen and very sore, how can i calm myself down?

2 doctor answers7 doctors weighed in
Dr. John Weeks
Family Medicine 46 years experience
Anger management: Everyone feels anger. How we express or act upon those feelings is something we learn, can modify and have some choice about. If your anger is causing injury to yourself or others, it's time to get counseling from someone skilled in anger management.
Dr. Luis Villaplana
Internal Medicine 36 years experience
Doc time: In controlled outbursts like that can lead to worse, more dangerous behavior. Please see a doctor asap.
Dr. Suresh Gupta
Internal Medicine 44 years experience
You better see a Physician soon, before you get out of control and hurt yourself & others. If I knew, who you are & where you are, I will the Police for your Safety & also of the Public.
Feb 12, 2012

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated May 7, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.