U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 72-year-old female asked about a 46-year-old female:

What are the multiple causes of or for pain&bleeding during sex,& passing blood clots after sex??

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Janis Fee
Obstetrics and Gynecology 34 years experience
Cervix /uterus prob: I am worried that if these symptoms are mostly after sex, they may be due to an infection, polyp, or other abnormal area on the cervix or lower uterus. Have you had any treatments there. You need a pregnancy test and some basic cultures at least. The problem may be something like a polyp and easy to take care of. But your doc also needs to do some tests to be sure not anything cancerous..

Similar questions

A 72-year-old female asked about a 46-year-old female:

If my pain&bleeding during sex&passing of blood clots after sex has nothing to do with just starting menapause.Then what would be the cause of this???

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Philip Miller
A Verified Doctoranswered
Family Medicine 48 years experience
Multiple causes: Get a GYN examination and abstain sexually until cleared and evaluated.
Last updated Jan 8, 2021


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.