Greentown, IN

My right arm has been hurting radiating from shoulder down to my hand. goin on 6 days now. what could be causing this pain? and for no reason! thanx

Dr. William Schmidt
55 years experience
Limit use elevate: I'm sorry you are not feeling well. Perhaps a long nerve in your arm was pulled perhaps by heavy lifting. Another cause may be a pinched nerve. i would suggest limited use of the right arm and the use of a sling. A sling can be purchased at most pharmacies. If the problem persistes you should contact a PCP
Dr. Craig Morton
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 19 years experience
Pinched Nerve: While there are many causes of arm pain and numbness one of the most common causes is cervical radiculopathy. This occurs when one of the nerves leaving the neck gets compressed as it leaves the spine and travels down the arm. Compression may occur due to degenerative/bulging discs or arthritic bone spurs contacting the nerve. See your physician if these symptoms last longer than 2 weeks.

Last updated May 21, 2016