NY

I have hemoglobin 10.6 (low).i have iron serum of 25 micrograms.dl. unsaturated ibc 358 high, total tibc 383(normal) and % iron sat 7%.is it ida/acd?

Dr. Sewa Legha
Medical Oncology 51 years experience
It is more like IDA: It would be helpful to know about your Red blood cell indices, particularly the MCV. Given the low iron and high IBC, it is compatible with Iron deficiency Anemia. Go seek advice for treatment from a good internist or a hematologist.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Louis Cooper
Need more info: A hemoglobin of 10.6 is low or an adult. the serum iron of 25 is also low as is the percent saturation. I like to do a ferritin level also. Ladies who are menstruating should be on iron replacement at least on the days of their menses. Please speak to your physician about iron preparations. Good luck.