NY

i have hemoglobin 10.6 (low).i have iron serum of 25 micrograms.dl. unsaturated ibc 358 high, total tibc 383(normal) and % iron sat 7%.my rbc normal , (mcv mch, mchc) low and rdw high is it ida/acd?

Dr. Gregory Politzer
Iron deficiency: Looks like iron deficiency anemia. You could take iron supplements (along with a stool softener since iron can cause constipation), and increase iron in your diet (red meat, egg yolks, red beans, etc).
Dr. Charles Gordon
Specializes in Adolescent Medicine
Anemia causes: Lots of reasons for anemia. You do have a low iron. First take more iron and vit C for 3 months and recheck. If that doesn't work you need a full workup.