I am unable to dorsiflex my foot after a bad lateral sprain 7 weeks ago. even with stretching and exercises, there is medial ankle pain. why is this?

Dr. Harold Fields
Pain: You may have torn a tendon or fractured your fibula. I would see a physician to get a definitive diagnosis
Dr. Robert Hadfield
Podiatry 13 years experience
Hard to say: It is common to have stiffness in the ankle after a sprain even at 7 weeks. However there may be other injuries that are not immediately apparent at the time of injury, such as damage to the talus (ankle bone). I recommend you see your treating doctor to discuss this concern. You may need an MRI. If no other injures are present you may need Physical Therapy to improve range of motion

Last updated Nov 27, 2017