Norfolk, MA

I sprained my ankle very badly 6 weeks ago. not the first sprain on this ankle, everytime i rotate it to stretch and excersize it makes snapping noise?

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry 28 years experience
You have to identify: The location of the snapping. It could be subluxed peroneals, gas escaping from the joint capsule etc etc...at the end if the day you need to see an and specialist,
Dr. Susan Rhoads
Dr. Kass is right. Many podiatrists are experts in treating even complicated ankle sprains. In some places orthopedists refer many ankle and foot injuries to trusted podiatrists in their community.
Oct 10, 2015
Dr. Susan Rhoads
In my own experience, podiatrists give painless injections in the foot, and so many FP's and orthopedists have not mastered that. I quit treating ingrown toenails because I could never make the shots anything but torture (nor could any of the docs I observed), but I had an 100% painless injection from an awesome podiatrist that proved that I had no business doing those injections.
Oct 10, 2015

Last updated Oct 10, 2015