Detroit, MI

hi i need some help i think i have a uti but i had went to urinate just now and i have bright pink blood in my urine can u please tell me what it is?

Dr. Michael Michaels
Urology 53 years experience
UTI: A female aged 22 :if you think you have UTI,I suppose you have symptoms of frequency,urgency,burning etc. Blood tinged urine happens with acute cystitis. You need to get an antibiotic from your doctor and follow up till it is resolved.If the blood continues with no other symptoms you will need imaging testing. Hope you feel better soon.
Dr. William Haehl
Possible UTI: You can have blood in the urine from the UTI. You should be checked for UTI. There are other caused of blood in the urine but most likely probably related to your UTI
Dr. Oscar Novick
UTI: You should see your doctor to confirm your UTI. Your bleeding may also be part of your UTI
Dr. Andrea Rodgers
Emergency Medicine 28 years experience
UTI: It is very common to see blood in the urine with a urinary tract infection, that would explain the pink you saw. You need to be seen and treated with antibiotics.