Nemacolin, PA

Is it possible to just have a spinal for removal of a titanuim rod and screws in femur? having surgery to remove them soon and i rather be awake

Dr. Elizabeth Wallen
Perhaps: It's a possible option to discuss with your anesthesiologist. Not everyone is a good candidate. I had this done myself because I have so much trouble with post operative nausea. I had the spinal and then had a light sedative so I could nap. Operating rooms are noisy, chilly with a whole lot of stuff going on that I really didn't need to hear. It was a good option for me. Good luck.

Last updated Jul 26, 2014