OR

I'm had a spinal fusion surgery for scoliosis and kyphosis from t2 - l1 and i'm experiencing a large amount of popping and cracking in like all the levels of my fused spine with pedicle screw pain. do i have a failed fusion screw loosening?

Dr. Sue Ferranti
You should follow up with your spinal surgeon so that he/she can examine you and diagnosis why you are having these symptoms. You may need x-rays to see what the fusion and hardware look like. So, call your spinal surgeon and get an appointment as soon as possible. Best of luck to you!!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Neurology 53 years experience
You need to get this objectified ASAP. There could be problems with the fusion, screws, or instrumentation, and the early this is addressed, the better. Have your surgeon reassess all of this. A few radiological studies can uncover the etiology.
Last updated Apr 22, 2021