United Kingdom

I have a hard lump on my right index finger. i am unable to bend the top of my finger and can be painful. what could this be?

Dr. John Munshower
Nodes?: You could have a node which can be indicative of some forms of arthritis. have it evaluated by the Dr. Try an NSAID until you can get in. best wishes.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Carlos Ballestas
Ganglian cyst: there are several posibilities but the most probable is a ganglian cyst. this is a bulgian of the bursa in your small joint typically seen on fingers and wrist. the majority of the time they are asymptomatic and can resolve on their own but depending on location they can become more agravted and grow in size and tenderness. you should see your PCP and have this evaluated
Last updated Sep 6, 2018