U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 64-year-old female asked:

May have a gall bladder issue, can't get in to a specialist for/month. worried it could burst. severe rib cage pains. lipase was elevated 2 wks ago?

1 doctor answer5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Gibrham Rodriguez
Emergency Medicine 15 years experience
Get checked again : You need to get an Ultrasound and some blood work done to ensure it is not acute cholecystitis(emergency) as opposed to just biliary colic(non emergency) . If your pain is severe, fever, nausea and vomiting are present, then I suggest go to the ER . Only you know if your symptoms are worse . Alternatively , Your primary care provider can order these tests as an outpatient .
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jul 6, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.