hi docs, do you think it's bad if you wear makeup everyday?

Personal Choice: But - if you do, remember to wash it off at night.

Can anxiety occur daily?

Dr. Mike Moore
Dr. Mike Mooreanswered
Yes: If anxiety is occurring that much, it probably is affecting your daily habits and activities. You should see a doctor.

How can I cover up my pimples without using makeup?

Dr. Katherine Brown
Dermatology 16 years experience
Visine Eye Drops: Visine -- "it takes the red out" of more than just eyes, by constricting dilated blood vessels that cause redness. Use a q-tip to apply a few drops to your pimple to temporarily decrease redness. Aside from traditional "makeup" concealers, there are "tinted" acne spot treatments & green-tinted products (often used for rosacea) for hiding redness. Be sure to use "non-comedogenic" products.

Why would I do daily home hemodialysis?

Dr. Tarek Naguib
Nephrology and Dialysis 40 years experience
Easier on body: More frequent daily treatments make need to remove fluids less per treatment.
Dr. Linda Gromko
Daily treatments more closely approximate the work of the kidneys. Remember that healthy kidneys work 24/7 - not just three sessions per week! You will have far more flexibility in scheduling, greater freedom in eating, and more time to spend with people you care about. Plus, nobody cares about the quality of your dialysis, infection control, or the care of your access (e.g., fistula) like you do! LGromkoMD
Feb 19, 2013

After having conjunctivitis, how long should I wait before putting on makeup?

Dr. Elizabeth Holland
Specializes in Ophthalmology
At least one week: You should wait until the virus runs it course, this is usually 1 week. I also suggest that you may want to throw away your old eye makeup and start with a new supply when the conjunctivitis is resolved.

I've had polymyalgia for 1 year..Am on pednisone 5 mg daily. What would happen if I stopped taking the meds?

Dr. Betty Keller
Rheumatology 35 years experience
Depends: If you are on Prednisone you should not just stop it. You need to work with your doctor on managing your dose. It needs to be decreased slowly based on your clinical symptoms and response to dose reduction. You should talk to your doctor before changing your dosage.

Last updated May 23, 2015