GB
A 53-year-old female asked about a 56-year-old male:

why does my 56 yr old husband have blood in his urine and uti's after he drinks alcohol? if he has a small whiskey it causes this to happen. why?

Dr. James Lin
Be evaluated ....: Seeing gross bloody urine in a 56-yr man requires a timely evaluation with imaging study for urinary tract and cystourethroscopy so to make sure of no bladder tumors although UTI may cause bloody urine at times. To help such timely care, bring the info on the onset, degree, duration, interval, & progress of symptoms to Doc for analysis, physicals, tests as needed so to deduce accurate Dx for Rx...
Dr. Catherine Spratt turner
Alcohol and cystitis: Alcohol is a common cause of cystitis which means an inflammation in the lining of the bladder. When the bladder becomes inflamed it can cause some bleeding. This maybe why your husband has blood when he drinks alcohol.