Culver City, CA

very confused . today doctors said i have pleuritis instead ? how can they say that based off just symptoms ? is it fatal ? gave me no treatment .

Dr. Leila Hashemi
Do you have:: Chest pain that worsens when you breathe, cough or sneeze, Shortness of breath, cough and fever ? then that's enough to make the diagnosis but to know what caused the Pleurisy if you don't have a viral infection more investigation is needed. Treatment usually is pain control and treating the underlying cause. common causes: viral and bacterial infection, You might have a virus infection
Dr. Leila Hashemi
Provided original answer
Thanks for your thank you note, unfortunately we won't be able to call and talk to the patients yet, hopefully when the prime health tap goes live we should be able to do that. Although I invited you to a private conversation but didn't hear back, feel better soon, follow with your provider.
Jul 22, 2014