Syracuse, NY

after teeth cleaning i got an infection in my mouth 2 days later. (now gone) but one side of my face has been swollen for months. did ct and nothing.

Dr. Donald Colantino
Evaluation: If your face has been swollen or if you're not really sure, have an examination by an otolaryngologist or an oral surgeon. They are best qualified to evaluate and advise you about any further testing.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 53 years experience
Investigate: Dental cleaning didn't cause infection, only allowed a sub-clinical problem to become noticeable. There has to be a reason for swelling. You probably need further investigation. Start w your Dentist. If problem not diagnosed, ask for referral to Oral Surgeon. If still no answer, you may want to be seen in the Department of Oral Medicine at a Dental School.