Aptos, CA

I got some enteric coated peppermint oil capsules for ibs cramping. you take 3 pills a day. it helps a little. is it ok to take for months or years?

Dr. Randy Baker
Holistic Medicine 40 years experience
Yes, however...: Peppermint oil often reduces symptoms of IBS and appears safe to take for years. While safe and effective, it provides only symptomatic relief. I advise also trying to address the underlying causes, which are often related to overgrowth of yeast or unfriendly bacteria in the intestines and food sensitivities. See http://bit.ly/17hz82A A low FODMAP diet may help. A holistic doc can help treat this.

Last updated Jul 29, 2015