I've had an orthroscopic acl reconstruction using a hamstring graft and a meniscus repair sugery 20 days ago, and now my knee is loose is that normal?

Dr. Qamar Khan
Pain Management 18 years experience
Well: After any surgery, it takes time to heal from it. Most people with ACL repair surgeries will take 3-4 months to feel like the knee feels stable and stronger as the graft sets in. Obviously following your doctor's orders are key and when rehab starts follow it to a T. You will do just fine. If you a re concerned talk to your doctor.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Sep 28, 2016