U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 28-year-old female asked:

I have acid reflux and post nasal drip and just had a baby. i noticed recently that food seemed to go down my throat slowly. is this acid reflux?

1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
Dr. John McMahan
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery 49 years experience
REFLUX: You should ask your PCP for a referral to a GI specialist. Reflux can be worse during and after pregnancy. The GI doc will plan with you an ongoing protocol to manage your reflux and make sure it doesn't progress to something more serious.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Apr 2, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.