San Antonio, TX

my 11 month old does not have teeth yet. he fell and hit his top gums on a speaker and is now bruised where his front tooth should be. will he be ok?

Dr. Oscar Novick
Gum trauma: The trauma to the gum may have damaged the underlying tooth/nerve. Consult a pediatric dentist for his opinion and valuation
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 40 years experience
Probably: He will probably be OK, but there is really not much that can be done at this stage. There may have been some damage to the unerupted baby tooth, but his secondary teeth have not formed yet. The bruise should heal within a week. If you would feel more comfortable having him seen personally, call a pediatric dentist for an appointment.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 53 years experience
Recommendation of Amer Dent Assn is that all children have 1st dental exam Age1. See Pediatric Dentist for all the same reasons you see a Pediatric Physician, especially in light of Hx of trauma.
Jul 12, 2014
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management 36 years experience
No worry: Usually, the first tooth erupts at around the age of six months lower central incisors. If your baby still doesn't have any teeth at 11 months he is, almost certainly, just taking his time. The accident Most accidents to your baby gums bad, but may not require any medical attention. If concerned talk to your pediatrician. Good luck.