Lebanon

is it true that taking vitamin b12 supplements is not good if you have dental fillings? how can i supplement otherwise??

Dr. J. Blake Perkins
Dentistry 21 years experience
False: There is no scientific, verifiable data that suggests vitamin supplements in any way affect or interfere with dental restorations. Go ahead and supplement as needed, but make sure you consult with your physician on how much to take. There is a lot of false information out there on vitamin supplementation, and unless it is backed by peer reviewed, double blind studies, it may be bad information.
Dr. John Thaler
Prosthodontics 41 years experience
No Worries: You and your dental fillings are fine. No problem with the B12.Good Luck.
Dr. Eric Weisman
Neurology 36 years experience
Methyl B12: I recommend keeping your serum level above 550 using sublingual methyl B12 if you have symptoms ( neuropathy / sensory ataxia / sub cortical cognitive / memory decline or symptoms of megaloblastic anemia )
Dr. Jan Lei Iwata
Ophthalmology 26 years experience
Awesome! Under your doctors care have the intracellular levels checked if serum (extracellular) levels are low. Means not getting into cells optimally to do their action (delivering oxygen through the Hbg part of the red blood cells, and makes it naturally red= cyano) B12 is important!!
Jun 5, 2015